The eighth Pleibéricos event will take place on Thursday, March 11 at 7 pm (CET) through this Youtube channel. The session will be moderated by Santiago Fouz Hernández (Durham University), Esther Gimeno Ugalde (University of Vienna), and Raquel Medina (Aston University), as guest moderator.
Pleibéricos is an open and multilingual initiative created in response to the Covid-19 pandemic open to scholars and readers interested in learning about the latest books published in the field of Iberian studies (understood as widely as possible, but with special attention to Cultural studies) in any language.
Five new books will be presented in this Pleibéricos session:
- Con el franquismo en el retrovisor. Las representaciones culturales de la dictadura en la democracia (1975-2018) (Iberoamericana, 2020).
Editors: Elizabeth Amann, Diana Arbaiza, María Teresa Navarrete Navarrete and Nettah Yoeli-Rimme
- Marvels of Medicine. Literature and Scientific Enquiry in Early Colonial Spanish America (Liverpool UP, 2020).
Author: Yarí Pérez Marín
- Humanizing Childhood in Early Twentieth-Century Spain (Legenda, 2020).
Author: Anna Kathryn Kendrick
- Narrativas disidentes (1968-2018). Historia, novela, memoria (Visor, 2020).
Editors: Mª Ángeles Naval and José Luis Calvo Carilla
- Women’s Cinema in Contemporary Portugal (Bloomsbury, 2020).
Editors: Marian Liz and Hillary Owen
You can follow @pleibericos on Twitter and Instagram or visit the blog for more information.