The fourth Pleibéricos event took place yesterday, Monday October 19. Guest moderators of this special Portugal session were Ângela Fernandes (Facultade de Letras, Univ. Lisbon) and Teresa Pinheiro (TU Chemnitz). The recorded version of this event can be accessed through Pleibérico’s Youtube channel.
Pleibéricos is an initiative open to all the scholars and readers interested in knowing the latest books published in the field of Iberian studies (understood as widely as possible, but with special attention to Cultural studies) in any language – including all Iberian languages.
The following books were presented in this fourth Pleibéricos session:
- Ramón Gómez de la Serna, Saudades de Portugal (Abysmo, 2019).
Editors: Antonio Sáez Delgado and Pablo Javier Pérez López
- Tradução e edição de obras hispano-americanas em Portugal (Peter Lang, 2020).
Author: Isabel Araújo Branco
- Transnational Portuguese Studies (Liverpool University Press, 2020).
Editors: Hilary Owen and Claire Williams
- Le Cinéma Portugais. Histoire, Culture et Société 1963-2015 (L’Harmattan, 2019).
Author: Ana Vera
- Dictatorship and the Electoral Vote. Francoism and the Portuguese New State Regime in Comparative Perspective, 1945–1975 (Sussex University Press, 2020).
Author: Carlos Domper Lasús
The next Pleibéricos event will take place on November 12th, at 19h.
You can follow @pleibericos on Twitter or visit the blog, where all the events are announced.