The second Pleibéricos event will take place on Monday 13 July at 7pm (CET) through this Youtube channel. Pleibéricos is series of events in which books on Iberian Studies are presented online.
Pleibéricos is an initiative open to all the scholars and readers interested in knowing the latest books published in the field of Iberian studies (understood as widely as possible, but with special attention to Cultural studies) in any language – including all Iberian languages.
These are the books that will be presented on July 13th from 7pm (CET):
- Perspetivas críticas sobre os estudos ibéricos (Edizioni Ca’ Foscari, 2019)
Editors: Cristina Martínez Tejero y Santiago Pérez Isasi
- Gender-Based Violence in Latin American and Iberian Cinemas (Routledge, 2020)
Editors: Rebeca Maseda García, María José Gámez Fuentes y Barbara Zecchi
- Murder in the Multinational State: Crime Fiction from Spain (Routledge, 2019)
Author: Stewart King
- La poesía de la guerra civil española. Una perspectiva comparatista (Peter Lang, 2020)
Editor: Pilar Molina Taracena
- Sex, Drugs, and Fashion in 1970s Madrid (Toronto UP, 2020)
Author: Francisco Fernández de Alba
The presentations will be held in Spanish