The sixth Pleibéricos event will take place on Thursday December 10 at 7pm (CET). This last session of 2020 will be devoted to new publications on Spanish cinema and will be moderated by Santiago Fouz Hernández (Durham University) and Esther Gimeno Ugalde (University of Vienna), with Barbara Zecchi (UMass Amherst), as guest moderator. Live event can be followed through the Pleibéricos’ Youtube channel.
The five books to be presented are:
- Spanish Cinema Against Itself: Cosmopolitanism, Experimentation, Militancy (Indiana UP 2020).
Author: Steven Marsh
- Subversive Spanish Cinema. The Politics of Performance (Bloomsbury 2020).
Author: Fiona Noble
- Cine español en la era digital. Emergencias y encrucijadas (Laertes 2020).
Editor: José Luis Sánchez Noriega
- Inhabiting the In-Between: Childhood and Cinema in Spain’s Long Transition (Toronto UP 2019).
Author: Sarah Thomas
- The Spanish Quinqui Film: Delinquency, Sound, Sensation (Manchester UP 2020).
Author: Tom Whittaker
Pleibéricos is an open and multilingual initiative created in response to the Covid-19 pandemic open to scholars and readers interested in knowing the latest books published in the field of Iberian studies (understood as widely as possible, but with special attention to Cultural studies) in any language.